Puratos Group provides innovative ingredients and tailor made solutions to the bakery, patissery & chocolate sectors. With 53 plants in 69 countries and about 6.800 employees. Puratos is one of the major supplier in this industry. The headquarters are located in Groot-Bijgaarden, Belgium.
Group Puratos intented to build a new R&D center at the Groot-Bijgaarden in the way that consolidate their activities and to reinforce their collaboration between all units. By the end, Puratos wants this new building to resemble management of facilities.
IPS developed several propositions concerning the design of the new building as well as the renovation of an existing building in a way that enables them to install a new R&D center.
Puratos decided to buy a new field, to demolish the old building and to build a new one.
This includes :
- 5000m² on 2 floors
- 2000m² of laboratory areas (analyses area, sampling, filling, bakery, patisserie, chocolate,..)
- 150 parking spaces
- Offices for 170 employees
- One pilot production line
Principal project data
New R&D center for bakery, patisserie & chocolate sectors.
- Surface 9000 m2 (3000m2 parking and 6000 m2 labs and offices)
- Budget 15,4 Mio Euro
- Feasibility Study
- Basic engineering
- Architectural design
- guidelines for sustainable development
- Master plan coordination
- Project management
- Construction management
- Follow-up detailed engineering
- Health & Safety coordination
- Moving of equipment etc
IPS operational unit(s)
- IPS Belgium sa