Last updated on: February 2020.
This Privacy Statement (the "Statement") explains how we (as defined below) collect, share and use any information that, alone or in combination with other information, relates to you ("Personal Data") when you ("you" and "your") use our website www.group-ips.com (the "Website").
Group-IPS nv ("Group-IPS", "us", "we" or "our") treats compliance with its privacy obligations seriously. This is why we have developed this Statement, which describes the standards that we apply to protect Personal Data.
For the purpose of this Statement, Group-IPS, with registered office at Plantinkaai 10, 2000 Antwerpen, Antwerpen - Vlaanderen - Belgium and registered with the Crossroads Bank of Enterprises under company number 0880.441.977 acts as the controller for the Personal Data that is collected via the Website. As a controller, Group-IPS is responsible for ensuring that the processing of Personal Data complies with applicable data protection law, and specifically with the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact us using the below contact details:
Address: Plantinkaai 10, 2000 Antwerpen, Antwerpen - Vlaanderen - Belgium
Phone: +32 2 687 28 22
Fax: +32 2 687 22 39
VAT number: BE 880.441.977
What Personal Data do we collect and for which purpose?
The types of Personal Data we collect about you, and the reasons why we process it, include:
|Types of Personal Data||Why we collect it||Legal basis|
|Identification data: name||Sending out direct marketing communications||Your consent|
|Contact details: e-mail address, address||Sending out direct marketing communications||Your consent|
|Professional data: company||Sending out direct marketing communications||Your consent|
|Electronic identification data: IP address||Analytics purpose, improving the quality and relevance of our Website for visitors,||Your consent and/or our legitimate interest to provide you with the best performance of our Website|
Please note that where we process your Personal Data with your consent, you can provide your Personal Data to us on a strictly voluntary basis. You are not obliged in any manner to your Personal data available to us. You will not be subject to any penalties should you refuse to provide this to us.
We will process your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes (newsletters) until you withdraw your consent. Furthermore, we will retain your Personal Data for analytics purposes for a period of 12 months. After this period however, we might still need to retain your Personal Data to the extent necessary to meet a legal obligation. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Data, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Data has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
You can withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data at any time and free of charge by sending an e-mail message to email@example.com, or using the unsubscribe link provided in each commercial communication. This consent withdrawal shall not affect the legality of any processing of your Personal Data based on the consent granted before the withdrawal. Likewise, the consent withdrawal shall not affect the processing of Personal Data we process on a legal basis other than the consent.
Sharing your Personal Data
We may disclose your Personal Data to the following categories of recipients:
- Our staff members who have a legitimate business need to access and with a contractual prohibition of using the Personal Data for any other purpose;
- Third party vendors, services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us, or who otherwise process Personal Data for purposes that are described in this Statement. These recipients include third party vendors and other service providers in connection with the services they provide to us in areas such as IT and marketing. These parties provide sufficient guarantees and their processing meets the requirements of the GDPR. They shall only be given access for a period and to the extent as is strictly necessary to provide their respective services.
- Under specific, closely defined circumstances and in accordance with valid legal regulations, we may also be bound to submit some of your Personal Data to law enforcement authorities and other public administration authorities or courts or other third parties where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights; or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the Personal Data that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your Personal Data. For example, we use modern and properly updated CMS Typo3, one of the leading CRM systems with advanced security measures ZOHO CRM, we installed limited access to Personal Data based on roles and legal entities.
We may engage third parties to process Personal Data for and on behalf of us. We require such data processors to process Personal Data and act strictly on our instructions and to take appropriate steps to ensure that Personal Data remains protected.
International data transfers
Your Personal Data may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country.
Specifically, our headquarters and servers are located in EU states (Belgium, Czech Republic) and our third party service providers and partners operate around the world / in countries – e.g. the United States, Canada, Tunisia, SAR, Saudi Arabia, Nigeria. This means that when we collect your Personal Data we may process it in any of these countries.
However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your Personal Data will remain protected in accordance with this Statement. We can provide you with more information upon request.
You have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:
- Right to correct or update your Personal Data;
- Right to require restriction of processing;
- In certain circumstances, as stipulated in the applicable data protection laws, the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data, or ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Data or request portability of your Personal Data;
- Right to opt-out of marketing communications by sending an e-mail or clicking the unsubscribe link in the marketing e-mails as explained above;
- Right to access your Personal Data;
- Right to request erasure of your Personal Data
If you have a complaint or concern about how we are processing your Personal Data then we will endeavour to address such concern(s). If you feel we have not sufficiently addressed your complaint or concern, you have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area are available here.)
If you wish to exercise any of your data protection rights, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details mentioned above:
Linking to other websites
The Website may contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These websites have their own privacy policies and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of Personal Data you submit whilst visiting these websites.
We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
Updates to this Statement
We may update this Statement from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Statement, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Statement changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
You can see when this Statement was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Statement.