The Salzgitter Flachstahl GmbH, the biggest subsidiary of the Salzgitter Group, produces integrated iron-and-steel works of high quality flat products ranging in thickness from 0.4 to 25 mm and up to a maximum width of 2,000 mm. In 2011, more than 4.700 employees produced about 4.5 million tons of steel.
The most important customers are cold rollers, vehicle manufacturers and their suppliers, manufacturers of both standard and large-diameter tubes, steel trading and the building industry. IPS supported Salzgitter Flachstahl AG during more than 12 year with external expertise in different fields.
Principal project data
Reconstruction of the pusher furnace 3 and 4
- Improvement of the furnace supporting tube system
- Revamping of charging equipment
- Refractory works
- Technical modifications gas system and burners
- New air gate for charging area
- Time schedule
- Site management
- Cost control
- Coordination of revamping works
- (Technical) Coordination of main contractors
IPS operational unit(s)
- IPS Germany GmbH