Extension of existing site
Montupet is a French-owned aluminum foundry and has long been recognized as an industry leader in the manufacture of complex cast aluminum components for the automotive industry worldwide. The Montupet Group comprises seven foundries in France, UK, Spain, Mexico and Bulgaria.
In March 2011, Phase 2 of the development of Montupet's site in Rousse (Bulgaria) was launched. This extension included the construction of a 10.000 sqm production facility and an infrastructural expansion, which will allow a potential third production extension phase of 10.000 sqm.
Project management duties, along with those of lead architectural designer, were handled by IPS. Following tender, and rigorous negotiations, a local company was selected as general contractor and designer for structural, HVAC, W&S, electrical and gas supply projects. The project was successfully completed by September, 2012, and handed over to the Owners for the implementation of the technological part.
Principal project data
- 10.500 sqm steel structure for production hall
- 800 sqm sand regeneration and compressor rooms
- 500 sqm steel structure platform for core shop
- Infrastructure expansion and utility
- supply routes extension
- Lead architectural designer
- Coordination of design process
- Owner's representative on site
- Site Management
- Health and safety coordination
- Time schedule
IPS operational unit(s)
- IPS Bulgaria Ltd.
- IPS Spain sa