ArcelorMittal Eisenhüttenstadt GmbH, Germany, 11/1997 - 10/1999
EKO Stahl GmbH is part of the Arcelor Group, the world biggest steel producer, since 2002, . Beginning of 2006 it was renamed “ArcelorMittal Eisenhüttenstadt GmbH”. Today, it is a modern integrated steel plant with high technology equipment, employing about 3.000 people.
The new line includes: 2 uncoilers, degreasing equipment, furnace inclusive over aging part, galvanization, cooling area with water quench, temper mil with tension leveler, chemcoater, visual and automatic inspection stand and a tension reel area.
Principal project data
Construction of a hot-dip galvanizing line (VZA2) for galvanized steel strips.
- Line length: approx. 260m
- 8 overhead cranes varying from 10t to 50t
- Layout coordination for the entire line, buildings, auxiliaries
- contractual and detailed time schedule for engineering, civil works, erection and commissioning phases
- Site Management
- layout study and supporting basic design for main cellars including cable ways
- Coordination of project documentation
- Photo documentation
IPS operational unit(s)
- IPS Germany GmbH