Safety Engineer (m/f) IPS Belgium
Our Safety Engineers actively participate in a wide range of project work, ranging from small improvements to large industrial constructions. For our engineering office in Belgium (Brussels South), we are currently looking for a Safety Engineer (m/f) IPS Belgium.
The Safety Unit supplies several services:
- Legal services (site coordination according to local legislation)
- Safety Engineering
- Fire prevention and protection
- Risk analysis
- CE certification
- Site supervision
The open position is more specifically for the Safety Engineering branch. The Safety Engineer will either as part of a project team or independently carry out safety engineering projects for our customers. He is a key person in the project team both for his safety-technical competences and for his communication and coordination skills with customers, contractors and colleagues.
As a specialist, he will be responsible for all documents related to his work : risk analyses, safety studies and reports, site visits, meeting reports, specific studies,...
You have, or will obtain in the near future, a safety-oriented certificate (master in safety & environmental management or similar).
Experience in project preparation and / or project realization is an asset, but not a requirement.
- You know HSE legislation (Health, Environment and Safety) in Belgium and especially applicable to industrial projects. You are competent in at least some of the safety engineering skills as mentioned above.
- Microsoft Office – in-depth knowledge, with an emphasis on Excel skills.
- General competences:
- Working directly with clients and other professionals with minimal supervision,
- Working cross-functionally in identifying and resolving technical safety issues,
- Coordinating work with engineers of other disciplines,
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines is essential,
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills: respecting budgets and deadlines.
- Be motivated, efficient and pro-active.
- A teamplayer
- Experience or interest in project management is an extra.
- French or Dutch and English: fluent in speaking AND writing
- Other languages are an advantage
IPS offers you a challenging job in a dynamic and international environment with professional growth potential. Quality and professionalism are our hallmark.
As a member of our team, we offer you a full-time employment with company car, group insurance, lunch compensation, laptop, smartphone as well as other fringe benefits.
International careers are possible – we value independence, and initiative.
Group-IPS (Industrial Projects Services) is an international Project Management and Engineering office specialised in the preparation and realisation of industrial projects. During the last 25 years IPS successfully realised more than 900 projects – from technical adjustments, modernisation projects to the construction of complete new production facilities. Activities have been developed in a wide range of industrial sectors like steel, food, aluminium, chemistry, pharmac... GlaxoSmithKline, ArcelorMittal, Puratos, Barry Callebaut, P&G, Toyota Motor Europe, Cargill, Montupet and Radisson are counted among our satisfied clients.
You don’t mind a challenge? Send us your resume & application letter.
IPS sa Belgium
42, Avenue Robert Schuman
Phone: +32 67 874378