Mechanical Engineer (m/f) IPS Belgium
Our Mechanical Engineers actively participate in a wide range of project work, ranging from small improvements to large industrial constructions, mainly in design (drawings, calculation notes, data sheets,...).
For our engineering office in Belgium (Brussels South), we are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer (m/f) IPS Belgium.
Our Mechanical Engineers are responsible for the equipment of all our activities:
- Technological works
- Specific equipment calculation
- Safety systems
- Integration of the equipment in the building
- Instrumentation and control
- Legal requirements and standards
- Plateforms or trenches
- Motors and pumps
This means they will be facing problems with multiple equipments : chillers, cooling towers, compressors, boilers, large fix process equipments, over-head cranes, transportation devices, mobile process equipments,...
In industrial projects, equipments are most of the time a key point in the project. The Mechanical Engineer is therefore a key person in the project team as for his competence of studies as for his communication and coordination with contractors. He will already be involved in the feasibility and will stay until the end of the realization phase of the project. His work could thus also be following order, installation, construction, commissioning and tests. As a specialist, the Mechanical Engineer will be responsible of all documents related to his works: data sheet, simulations, calculations but also technical specifications, bill of quantity.
As an important and active part of the company, he will also be part of the Competence Unit Industrialisation, this means that he will be an internal reference / expert to support all activities of the Group-IPS.
Your Knowlege and Experience:
- At least 3 years experience in design of significant equipments
- Regional regulation and standards (CE, NBN, …),
- General competences:
- Working directly with clients and other professionals with minimal supervision;
- Working cross-functionally in identifying and resolving technical issues;
- Coordinating work with engineers of other disciplines;
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines is essential;
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills: respecting budgets and deadlines;
- You should be motivated, efficient and pro-active;
- You should be able to follow-up young collaborators;
- Experience or interest in project management is an asset.
- 2 of 3 following languages: Dutch, French and English - speaking & writing
What we offer:
IPS offers you a challenging job in a dynamic and international environment with professional growth potential. Quality and professionalism are our hallmark.
As a member of our team, we offer you a full-time employment with company car, group insurance, laptop, meal vouchers, mobile phone as well as other fringe benefits.
Group-IPS (Industrial Projects Services) is an international Project Management and Engineering office specialised in the preparation and realisation of industrial projects. During the last 25 years IPS successfully realised more than 900 projects – from technical adjustments, modernisation projects to the construction of complete new production facilities. Activities have been developed in a wide range of industrial sectors like steel, food, aluminium, chemistry, pharmacy... GlaxoSmithKline, ArcelorMittal, Puratos, Barry Callebaut, P&G, Toyota Motor Europe, Cargill, Montupet and Radisson are counted among our satisfied clients.
IPS sa Belgium
42, Avenue Robert Schuman
Phone: +32 67 874378