Business Unit Manager (BUM) | Food & Beverages | Belgium
Group-IPS is looking for a Business Unit Manager to lead the Project Management team in the Food & Beverages Industry in Belgium. We are continuously growing and tend to hire highly motivated professionals in order to cover more geographical and industrial fields around the globe. A powerful combination of 30 years of project-management expertise, engineering, and architecture allows us to generate promising paths to the future, even when faced with complex challenges.
- Assure the Belgian Business Unit´s profitability, by:
o Being responsible for the Business Unit turnover;
o Being responsible for business development and contracting;
o Reporting the monthly business unit progress to the IBUM.
- Lead the Business Development for Chemicals by:
o Analyzing the market analysis (stakeholders, top customers, locations, trends, competitors);
o Turning the yearly objectives by the CEO into an action plan;
o Defining the Business Development strategy of the Business Unit;
o Being the central contact person for marketing activities;
o Ensuring the profitability and quality of projects related to his Industry;
o Performing when needed Project Management or Project mentoring (called piloting in IPS);
o Implementing coaching/corrective practices, to align his staff with the company goals.
- Lead, centralize, enlarge and spread technical Industry-related knowledge, methods, and tools within the industry;
o Being the single point of contact for the Industry Knowledge in the company;
o Analyzing which knowledge is missing and proposes corrective measures;
o Being the key person to be contacted when a technical need arises in a project;
o Organizing related trainings.
- Lead the Human Resources within his industry in coordination with the HR department by:
o Analyzing which resources are missing and proposes corrective measures;
o Being responsible for the industry-related recruitment strategy;
o Delivering feedback to the management on the technical development of the staff;
o Being responsible for the career planning of the Country Industry Managers staff.
Your Knowledge and Experience
Master’s degree in Mechanical engineering or similar or Bioengineer. MBA is an asset.
Technical knowledge is required: from starting projects to giving support to the project team, depending on the structure and capabilities of each country.
Experience: 10 - 15 years in Food sector, either inside the Engineering department of a Food company or under a Service provider company:
- Previous International experience in elaborating quotations/proposals and reach agreements with customers;
- Project Management experience, either in client or in assessment company;
- Experience in coordinate with different specialities: utilities, piping, civil, or automation;
- Experienced in a wide range of projects, either new constructions / extensions or renovations;
- Experienced in feasibility Studies and Master planning.
- Proactive and strong leadership skills.
- Creative, high flexibility while working, team working but also with high autonomy
- Extensive skills in management, effective communication, and problem-solving.
- Customer-oriented and presentation skills
Professional English and Dutch/French, knowledge of other languages is an asset.
PC-literate MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications;
AutoCAD and/or MS Project is an asset;
Driver license B;
Geographical mobility based on project needs: living in Belgium but mobility presence on the project site.
IPS offers you a challenging job in a dynamic and international environment with professional growth potential. Quality and professionalism are our hallmark. As a member of our team, we are able to offer you a full-time employment with group insurance, laptop, GSM as well as other fringe benefits.
You don’t mind a challenge? Send your resume and cover letter to the attention of our recruitment team – email@example.com.
Please, do not forget to write the title of the position in the subject of your message.